Belconnen Community Health Centre
Martin Donnelly were engaged by Hindmarsh Constructions for the Electrical Installation on the project as designed by AECOM Australia. Work commenced in June 2012 and the project was completed and open to the public in November 2014.
The scope of works included:
- Installation of a New ACTEW Substation and all power reticulation within the building.
- New POE, MSB and Sub distribution boards which have been designed to separate the power supply to the areas into Medical Service or public space and Back of house. This aids in the maintenance of the building as power is able to be safely shut down and minimise the effect on the operation of the building.
- Safety Services installation in line with AS/NZS 3013
- All new Lighting to the site Internal and external. The lighting design and installation has been managed extremely well and high lights the components of the building giving it a great architectural appeal especially at night.
- A complete Dali Lighting Control system has been installed. Every Light fitting in the installation is controlled via the Dali Lighting control system.
- Tridonic ballasts have been installed throughout. The emergency lighting system is also monitored by the DALI and 6 monthly testing automatically carried out.
- Power throughout the building including Areas installed and Certified to AS/NZS 3003:2011
- New Stand By diesel generator and fuel fill system
- UPS Battery Back Up power supply to Communication room in N+1 configuration
- Lightning protection system
- Hearing Augmentation Loops to front reception area
This project was awarded State Winner – Commercial Medium Project 2014 in the NECA – ACT Excellence Awards.
“This award recognises the hard work and concentration to detail we as a team at Martin Donnelly have put into the successful completion of this project and completes the hat-trick: Successful project for the company on time and within budget, Satisfied Clients and Peer recognition of the achievement.” said Steve Doherty, Martin Donnelly’s Project Manager